Before deciding to purchase a product or hire a service provider, most people often turn…
How to Get More Reviews for Your Google Business Profile
A Google Business profile is your opportunity to present your company to potential customers. It can help you get more customers in the door by showing up at the top of search engine results.
But if you want people to read what you have to say about your business, then it makes sense that they should be able to find reviews by other users easily too. So, how do you get them?
- Be friendly. This can be a hard one for some people, but it’s important to remember that you’re not going to get anywhere by being rude or pushy. If someone isn’t interested in your business, there are plenty of other places they can go to look for what they need.
- Be helpful and transparent. Your Google Business profile needs to be transparent about who you are, what you provide, and how much of it there is available to customers—especially if that information changes over time (such as when new inventory gets added).
- Be present online. The best way for prospective clients to learn about your products or services is by seeing them in action online through things like videos or screenshots from previous jobs completed by past clients, so make sure these are readily available.
Be helpful. If you want to get more reviews, then you need to start with the basics. This means that you should be helpful in as many ways as possible. You can be helpful by:
- Helping your customers – this could involve anything from answering their questions about your products or services to being willing to replace an item if it breaks within a reasonable amount of time.
- Helping other businesses – by offering free advertising for other companies on your website (and vice versa), or even just giving a few dollars worth of advice here and there.
As a business owner or manager, you are the most important person in your company. You have to be available to answer questions and provide excellent customer service. If you can’t answer a question right away, leave a message for the customer and let them know when they can expect an answer.
Be sure that your website is easy to navigate so customers can find what they’re looking for without having to contact you directly. The easier it is for people to reach out with any questions or concerns, the more likely they’ll do so and leave reviews on Google about their experience with your business!
You should also be present online
If you’re trying to get more reviews for your Google Business profile, you should also be present online. That means having a website and being active on social media, like Facebook and Twitter.
Being present online is important because it helps give people an idea of what you do and how you do it. They can check out what kind of services or products you offer by looking at photos, videos, or blog posts that show off your business in action.
Encourage happy customers to share their experiences online
- Give customers a reason to review. If you want more reviews, start with the basics: your business. Be sure that all of your employees are trained on how to deliver great customer service and resolve issues—and then make sure they’re doing it! If they aren’t, figure out why, and fix the problem before asking for reviews.
- Ask directly for them in person. Letting customers know that you value what they have to say about your business is a great way to encourage people who haven’t left a review yet—because asking for one feels less pushy than just expecting them to leave one without prompting from anyone at all. Make sure every employee knows how much you value online reviews by having them ask each customer as they check out or walk through the door if there’s anything else we can do for them today? And if someone says no thanks? That’s okay too. We’d still love it if you’d take a moment after leaving here today and share some feedback about us online.”
- Ask for them via email marketing campaigns (and follow up!). Email marketing campaigns are an easy way not only to get new leads but also keep existing ones engaged with what’s going on at your company too—so why not combine those goals into one campaign? Send an email blast reminding customers about all the amazing things they get when shopping at Casa de Pizza (our hilarious delivery guy Tommy comes immediately after placing an order) along with our most recent coupons or specials; include links so shoppers can easily share their positive experiences online too!”
Don’t be afraid to ask for reviews
There are several ways to go about this. You can ask for reviews in person, by phone, and even via email. If possible, don’t be afraid to ask for an online review on social media as well.
If you have the time and resources available to you, it might also be worthwhile to create a form on your company website where customers can leave reviews directly from the site itself. This will not only help you get more reviews but it will also give your customers an easy way to share their experiences with other potential patrons who come across your business profile page in search results.
Being friendly, helpful, and transparent is a good way to get people to review your business.
One of the best ways to get more reviews is to ask for them. This can be tough if you’re not used to approaching people, but it’s important that you do so when trying to gather reviews. People are more likely to leave a review if they are approached directly about it (as opposed to just seeing an advertisement for a business).
The key here is transparency and being friendly and helpful in your interactions with customers. Be transparent about what Google Business real estate means for your business, how it works, and why people should review your profile. Also, be sure that you are always available when someone contacts you, even if they have questions or concerns they want addressed before they will leave a review.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to wait for people to ask for reviews. Start by asking your customers directly. You can also send them a link to their Google My Business page and ask them to leave feedback there. Finally, you should encourage existing customers who are happy with the service they received from your company (or who love your products or services) to share their experiences online.
If you would like more information about optimising your Google Business profile – give us a call on 02 82110668, email us on email@example.com or complete our online enquiry form.
A self-professed book and digital marketing nerd, Darlyn Herradura focuses on building trust between customers and businesses with the written word. She understands that creating valuable content is the best way to get found online and happily spends her time doing that.